i love reading and watching youtube's of people's monthly or seasonal favorites, so for today's post i thought i'd share my own from the summer!
1. essie products are freaking expensive. $9 for a nail polish? no thanks. but i was at ulta and saw a mini essie 4 pack of those brilliant summer colors and was set for the summer. upside: i got all 4 for only $17. and even though they're not super big, i haven't even made it halfway through any of the bottles. sccccorre.
2. i am obsesssedddddddd with green smoothies. i literally think i had one every single morning of summer. and it's so cheap! i spiced up my recipes with different fruit but my favorite it: 1 banana, 1/2 cup orange juice, mango + pineapple, 1 handful of organic spinach, water, and ice. it only takes 5 minutes to prepare and blend which is good because i'm usually rushing to get out the door to make it to work. and i can drink it in the car!
3. i never spend an obscene amount of money on beauty products, but i'd been using smashbox's clear primer for about a year. but then i started reading up on the difference between cc and bb cream and there were SO many great reviews on this cc cream. so i spent $42 to try it out. but you guys. it's SO worth it. especially for summer. all i did was apply the cc cream + my mineral makeup and BAM! a light summer look that makes my skin seriously look flawless. i will buy this product over and over and over again and recommend it to anyone who works long hours and wants something that will help their makeup stick + provide coverage + sunscreen.
4. oh my goshhhhhh. i picked up this hardcover of just one day by gayle forman at the beginning of summer because i knew i'd be poolside and beach side and have time to read on something other than my phone. y'all. this didn't disappoint! i loved europe. i love allyson and willem. i loved the story and side characters and setting and gahhh. one of the best books i've read this year!
5. because i live in phoenix and summers are basically hell, i don't like to blow dry my hair a lot. these forever 21 headbands are around $3 and allow you to throw up your hair--wet or dry--and give it a cute, put-together look.
so those were my summer favs. what are yours?!
annnddddd for my fun announcement:
i'm super excited! these ladies have been super welcoming and awesome. with that being said, if you have any post suggestions you'd like me to discuss feel free to let me know in the comments!